Professional Telephone Fundraisers (English and bi-lingual French-English)
Progressive Metrics is a fundraising, communications and political consulting agency. We specialize in assisting trade unions, worker organizations, grassroots campaigns, political advocacy organizations and progressive candidates to work for social change.
Progressive Metrics is currently seeking telephone representatives for its Toronto-based call centre.
Primary responsibilities are fundraising for various charities, political advocacy organizations, NGO’s, and progressive political parties and candidates.
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Candidates MUST have telephone fundraising experience, including prospecting, high-donor renewal & PAC-conversion; an exceptional phone manner and a demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Strong commitment to the values of progressive social activism and change, significant knowledge/ experience of the non-profit, political advocacy, social justice and activist communities, trade unions, civic organizations and progressive social movements.
- Excellent oral communication skills in English and/ or French
- Demonstrated ability to provide a superior customer service/ donor relations experience, including the exercise of good judgement, tact and diplomacy in all donor interactions.
- Candidates must be highly flexible, quick learners, and able to handle multiple programs in short periods.
- Strong work ethic, focused, detail oriented, efficient and consistent performers.
- Computer skills and familiarity with VOIP systems.
- Other languages are a strong asset.
- Polling, Voter Contact/ Identification experience & marketing experience are strong assets
Starting wage is $14/hour.
Positions are 20 hours a week with variable, 4-hr shifts including evenings (Western time zones) and weekends. Additional shifts may be available to select candidates.
This is a non-commission position.
The call centre is located near the DVP & Queen St. in downtown Toronto.
**Bi-lingual positions are primarily Quebec. Applicants must be fluent in Quebecois French.
Application deadline: 5 PM Thursday, August 28, 2014.
To apply, send CV, in English, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate “Representative” in the subject line for English only applications, or “Representative- French” for bi-lingual positions.
Progressive Metrics is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret the call centre location is not accessible.